Over 95 Years of Experience at Work for You!
Since 1920, the professional men and women of Hubbard Construction have literally paved the way for hundreds of public and private projects that have supported Florida's rise to prominence.
Hubbard is one of Florida's largest heavy civil construction companies. We are proud to be a part of Florida's history and we are eager to continue to serve the Florida market and beyond.
The scope of Hubbard's work includes complex highway projects, site development, paving, utility and drainage systems, surveying, RAP and hot mix sales, and state-of-the-art bridge building. We provide multiple delivery systems in design-build, bid-build, public/private-partnerships and design-build finance.
Hubbard Construction's parent company, Eurovia, operates through a network of 330 agencies and 770 production sites, in 17 countries around the world.
This position will write quality, original, informative marketing content for internal newsletter on a variety of topics including but not limited to, project updates, company awards, health, wellness, and safety. This is a contract position.
- Write content and related copy for internal newsletter.
- Develop relationships with Vice-Presidents, Construction Managers, Operations Managers and Project Managers to generate story ideas.
- Make arrangements for photos/illustrations to accompany stories.
- Post stories to relevant outlets.
- Consistently meet deadlines – newsletter is published three times per year: spring, summer and winter.
- General. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires demonstrable previous experience as a Freelance Writer. A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Strong writing and editorial skills; ability to understand and translate construction work to broad audiences. Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Freelance Writer to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to sit and/or stand during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day.
- Employee is occasionally required to stoop, bend, walk, crouch, and climb.
- Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 25 pounds and carry up to 15 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Continuous mental attention required to complete tasks in an efficient manner.
- Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Freelance Writer encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Work is performed indoors.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employee will work near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
- Employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, outside weather conditions, and extreme cold or heat.
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply.